Saturday, October 9, 2010

So...guess who forgot their towel?

One of my favorite classes that I'm taking right now is my springboard/diving class.  All we do is line up, jump of a diving board, then wait around in the pool while we jam out to the music playing until it's our turn to jump again.  We actually do learn about technique and stuff and we have to do all sorts of different dives, but thats all part of the fun of it too.  So the pool that my class is in is the same pool that I went to for 'open swim' (just a certain time each night where the pools are open to any student for free where you can go and jump off the diving boards).  And every time I went to that they had towels provided for you in the locker rooms.  So, first day of class I'm at home debating whether to bring a towel or not (because the towel just takes up so much space in my bag that my back pack pretty much screams out "Freshman!" just by the shear size of it), and I remember that they have towels there, so I think "sweeet" and leave my towel at home.  Now because I have work directly after my class, I have to rinse off, change/brush my hair, then book it up like 6 flights of stairs to try to get there in like 15 min.  So right when my diving class lets out I hurry back to the locker room, do the quick 'i'm-freezing-and-dripping-wet-shuffle' to the front desk, and ask for a towel. The lady looks at me and is like "Um, I think it's two dollars to rent a towel." So I say "Oh, ok...well I have money on my signature card so you can just use that." (Even though in my mind I was thinking, "what? Are you for kidding me? You're going to charge me how much to use a towel?" Of course, I didn't say that because I really needed a towel) Then the lady's like "oh, no we don't charge you for that here, you have to go down the hall and put in a request..." I sorta stopped listening after she said 'down the hall' because the hallways are waaayy long, and I definitely stopped comprehending after she said 'put in a request' because I knew that wasn't going to happen. So after she was done talking, I smiled and said "K sweet, thanks." then left.  I didn't quite know what to do.  I could just change, but I had just been submersed in a pool and a shower so I was thoroughly soaked. I could just use my clothes to get the main stuff off, but then they'd be all wet to and have water spots all over. So...guess who went into a bathroom and used the paper towels to dry off? ~Oh, my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment